Membership & Members
Benefits of membership
Membership of QASEL provides you with the opportunity to help influence and shape policy and practice that directly impacts on your leadership, your school and your students.
QASEL is a respected stakeholder in the public education sphere with a particular focus on:
Advocacy - direct representation to the Minister, Director-General, Senior Departmental Officers and other key stakeholders e.g. QELi, QCAA, QTU.
Influence – input into the development of policies and practices that impact on your leadership, your schools and your students.
Wellbeing - collegial networks and professional support through our partnerships with Headspace and other professional associations and colleagues ensures your wellbeing is a priority for our Association.
Communication - up to date inform
ation via our website, President's emails and newsflashes, QASEL Newsletter and email discussion lists
Representation - State Council delegates drawn from all regions meet four times per year ensuring your voice is heard.
Professional Growth and Learning - yearly Conference designed by and for School Leaders working across disability and inclusion with concessional registration rates for members.
QASEL structures ensure that members are well represented and encouraged to contribute to the work of the Association:
Election to State Council is open to all members holding full membership.
Executive/Management Committee also meet four times each year as the full State Council and members regularly meet with DoE Senior Officers, providing policy input and addressing emergent issues as they arise.
QSPA President is a Director of the Australian Special Education Principals Association (ASEPA) Board helping to shape and influence policy at a national level and another member of Executive/Management is eligible for membership of the ASEPA Management Committee.
Some additional benefits of being a QASEL member include –
- QASEL Newsletter – ten per annum.
- QASEL Website with up to date information to help inform your work.
- QASEL Membership Badge.
- A national voice through the Australian Special Education Principals’ Association (ASEPA) – you are automatically a member of ASEPA when you join QASEL.
- ASEPA Newsletter.
- Exclusive access to QASEL Business Partners.
- Each year in June, approximately 300 MEMBERS AND FRIENDS gather in Brisbane for our state conference. We have gained a reputation for hosting an outstanding conference that includes international, national and local presenters and leadership development workshops. Members of QASEL receive a substantial discount to our state conference.
Email addresses for YOUR Payroll Office are as follows and appropriate for your location:
Payrollemail@example.com e.g [email protected]
CQ= Central Qld
DDSW= Darling Downs South West
FNQ=Far North Qld
SE=South East Region
Metro= Brisbane Northside, Southside, West and Ipswich